Hey people! Nowadays almost everyone is using Android OS. I also use android and love the OS. Since Its powered by Linux kernel and I love Linux than any other operating system. There are millions of apps & games available for android. But the problem is advertisements.
They are annoying, data consuming and most often explicit. So many of the android users uses Ad blocker which blocks the advertisements but eats up the RAM and slows down your phone.
So, Today I’m here with an alternative way of blocking all kind of ads from your android phone. Please note, You need a rooted android device to apply this method.
- Download the hosts file by clicking here.
- Please note the file name is just hosts not hosts.txt or something like that.
- Now copy and replace the file in system/etc via a Root File explorer. See screenshot below:
- If replacing doesn’t works then delete the old hosts file first and then copy the hosts file you have downloaded.
- Now reboot your device, and Its done!
This method is tested by me and working fine on my Kitkat 4.4.2. This will block all kinds of ads from websites, apps, games and everywhere! Please be careful while you are working with system/etc folder